Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If that sounds like you, you are not alone. Anxiety is one of the most common struggles people face.
Whether you suffer from panic attacks, stress, chronic tension, OCD, phobias, social anxiety, fear of public speaking, or agoraphobia, anxiety can pervade your life experience and compromise your quality of life. Learning to manage anxious feelings not only brings balance and clarity, it frees up wasted energy that can be put toward creating the life you actually want. Our therapists help people cope effectively with anxious feelings using an array of powerful tools designed to help you understand and undermine the tyranny of anxiety.
Common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to identify the factors that exacerbate anxiety and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you struggle with anxiety, we invite you to contact us today for a free consultation.